Technology Assessment Development
Sabrina ByDesign, Inc.
Who is the Artist, Gabriel Ajayi?
His craftsmanship is unique, his figures are simple yet elegant. He uses Mahogany, Walnut, Maple, Birch, Ebony (Macasa), Brazilian Walnut, Kewazinga, Lacewood, Oak, Elm, Rosewood, Sapeli, Pecan, Teak, Zebrawood, and Cherry woods to create his pieces.
His early education was at Yaba College of Technology Lagos, Nigeria, where he received an Associate Degree in Arts and later graduated from Memphis College of Arts and continued training at University of Memphis, Tennessee.
Ajayi creates custom original pieces and commission works. He has done shows in various settings; art shows, galleries, museums and private homes. His works are in the private and corporate collections in the United States, Europe, Canada, and undoubtedly, Africa.
Ajayi's work adorns the walls of Michael Jordan, Dionne Warwick, New Edition, and former Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson, to name a few.
Works, Exhibits & Awards
· 1990 John Sally Invitational Exhibit (Formerly of the NBA Detroit Pistons)
· 1990 was presented the Key to the City of Little Rock, Arkansas by Mayor F.G. Villines and the Little Rock Board of Directors.
· 1991 Mayor Maynard Jackson joint Art Exhibition with the late William Tolliver at Atlanta City Hall.
· 1991 nominated by Nigerian-American Forum for professional Achievements.
· October 1992 Ajayi was featured on the internationally acclaimed TV Show
· The Ebony/Jet Showcase.
· City of Houston, Texas Commissioned Ajayi to prepare a life size portrait of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· Recognition by Anheuser-Busch for outstanding participation in their international art expo.
· Certificate of Merit by former Atlanta, Georgia, Mayor Maynard Jackson
· Proclamation by Marvin S. Alrington, President of the Atlanta City Council
. Commendation by the state of Georgia by Governor Zell Miller